Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18th, 2008

Today i am about to finish a 40 mile in 24 hour training streach. The goal is to run as much as time will allow in 24 hours. I might get 20 or so in the morning, 10 or so at night and another 20 in the morning within the 24 hours.

The challenge with this type of training is the body recovery rate. During the day like most folks I am working until late at night. I then run at night in the dark (last night after midnight) and then wake up in the early morning only to run some more. The only time the body has a chance to recover is during sleep and mid day while working.

So far so good. I have been eating mostly protein and carbs along with tons of water. At times I think the blood sugar drops super low so I have Ben and Jerry's ice cream or what ever works as well as tons of fruit.

The goal is to run up to and through the 7th of Oct. On the 8th of October I hope to stop, start walking some and just learning how to silence the mind as much as possible. I think the biggest challenge is going to be the mind wanting to slow down and stop during the race.

As I get older the drive to do seems to be getting replaced by the drive to chill. Given I dont want to chill just yet that is a challenge.

Off to run in the dark while others drink beer, eat bad food and watch the tv.. shit.. no wonders I am all alone.. i am crazy.

No comments: