Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 23rd, 2010


Regional President of the
Old Farts Ultra Running Club!

I do not support the Tea Party Only Green Tea Parties!


Old and Ugly but not slow. My self pic after running a 13.3 mile run with 6,000 vfg & loss in under 1:47. I am pleased. Not bad for an old ugly man.



Just few weeks ago

Only a few weeks ago my left foot was a mess. Nothing worked. It hurt all the time and never seemed to heal. The foot doctor treated me like i was crazy for even trying.

Today I am happy to report that four weeks later my left foot is happy and has now run over 400 miles.

It is true that I am still ugly as all hell but the left foot is perfect and the right foot is happy.

The training schedule until race day:
At this point in the game i am going to push the body as hard as it will go. Nothing is going to stop me from pushing. Distance is important but not as important as lung max and hard running miles. I want speed with distance other wise what is the point. So far I am doing 15 mile runs in 8:14 min. miles which is good given i am old as dirt. (well.. maybe not all dirt just some dirt)

This saturday the goal is a day of running all freaking day. I plan on doing a loop on the shut-in trail that gives me 10 miles per loop. This will give me plenty of fluid stops as well as a few rest stops with the dog. If all goes well I should have the 40 plus miles completed in 8 hours or less.

I leave for my race on the 9th out of Ktown. My last stop will be with my super tight bro, brian who gives and gives and never stops giving. Once in Utah I plan on sleeping high for at least 2 days. This will give me an extra boost of blood so that my body is more able to adapt to the altitude on the trail.

Hudson is my hero once again. He will be support and the poor guy who must put up with me. I plan on bringing my creature of God who provides tons of love and companionship as well as being a pain in the butt half of the time.

The body is ready. The mind is ready and I am ready. The key is having fun and knowing that due to age this may be my last shot at 100 miles.

soon

4 comments:

nick said...

good work, my friend. you run circles around me and i'm 27. keep it up. :)

Unknown said...

Great work, inspiring stuff.

Fantastic attitude that a lot of folk could learn from.

Good luck on Saturday, enjoy it.

Andy
www.ultrarunning.com.au

chris mcpeake said...

great blog!!

Davy said...

Time to taper my friend. Ease back. Get ready for altitude.