Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tony Krupicka (Sept 28th)

I list Tony's name because when i watch myself run, when i look at the bottom of my NB 874 shoes.. and i see perfect wear.. on the fore-front.. nothing on the heal.. and my times are better.. my legs are stronger and i am running.. more.. i say.. wow.. thanks Tony. !!

The most important thing i have learned with this intense running program of 100 to 12o mpw is that running right.. light.. so forth.. is key to little or no injury and reduced energy requirements.
For me at least.

This week starts the end of months and months of training. I plan on running through Tuesday the 7th and maybe the 8th. Yes, I am looking forward to the end and yes I am ready to take some rest time. However, I am sure that when the running ends a good part of my body and soul will be screaming for a chance to run. Maybe.

I ran on Friday about 20 miles. Worked until 2am then worked for 16 hours on Saturday. So far today I have put in 15 and plan on 15 more tonight. The 30 miles will be on concrete and a bit of grass. My goal is to have 50 miles in 24 hours and do this at least 3 or 4 more time before the end of the training period.

I wish like hell I had found these NB 874 shoes prior to June. May was a super painful month as far as the feet goes. How much pain you ask.. so much pain that blisters seem like super minor issues.

soon. yes.. i am ready.. or at least the body is.. as for the soul.. heck if i know.

No comments: